Friday, March 1, 2024

Talk About Social Media, My Response:

 I feel like I'm Watching the Mean Girls Musical Movie

    Earlier this week in class we have been assigned to research different social media mediums for our portfolio projects. Since social media is one of biggest components when marketing a film, I feel that for my film one of the main tools I want to use is Instagram. I'm choosing Instagram because of the target audience being developed for my film. Since I am planning to have my audience be teenagers from middle/ high class that around the ages of 12-19, I feel that Instagram being one of the main social media platforms used amongst teenagers is a very compatible place to interact with followers and connect with other filmmakers. 

Examples

Media text: Luca
Social media tool: Instagram


Description of types of posts: Since the Pixar film Luca came out in 2021 their posts have expanded considering were in 2024, nonetheless their social media consist of different clips, teasers, and trailers of the upcoming film and its release date. They also had a cool thing where they did a countdown until the film came out which engaged a lot with their audiences and got viewers excited for the film. They also had special interviews with cast to hype up the film and to engage with viewers. Lately, the Instagram has been posting a lot of Awards they have been nominated for from the film including, the Academy Award for Best Animated Film, BAFTA Awards for Best Animated Film, and 8 nominations at the Annie Awards including Best Animated Feature. 
Description of how branding is developed (or not): The branding is developed as we get the brands full personality through the scenes of summer and fun just like the film is presented. We also get this sense of adventure as part of their personality and culture since it is a huge aspect of their brand because of the film's overall storyline and message. Their Physique is presented through the similar color scheme of the film and the similar music used in clips to consume the Italian summer feeling. 
Analysis of how you will use this to develop your own social media presence: For my brand, I will definitely try to keep a similar color scheme to keep a consistent physique throughout the social media age as well as establish the personality of my film which is similar to Luca's adventure theme. 


Media text: Soul
Social media tool: Instagram

Description of types of posts: Similar to Lucas Instagram (not surprising since it's the same company) Soul's account was full of teasers, clips, and trailers to hype up the coming of the film. Specially since this was towards the start of the end of covid, Soul relied on a lot of social media platforms in order to promote the film since many people were stuck at home not being able to go out. They also used the time of the release as their advantage to promote the film as a family film that they could all watch together around the holiday season. They also had special post with the cast and crew. 
Description of how branding is developed (or not): The branding is developed mainly through their physique as the colors and fonts stay very consistent throughout the entire page. Their personality also shines through as they illustrate the theme of the film throughout their posts. I did feel that the account was a little repetitive at times, but they were still giving really good content. 
Analysis of how you will use this to develop your own social media presence: I think for my portfolio project I will definitely develop ways to connect the release date to the time of years it's being released since the theme of my project will have similar vibes to the time when its being released. 


Media text: Barbie
Social media tool: TikTok

Description of types of posts: The post on Barbie's TikTok includes a lot of promotion of Ryan Gosling and Margot Robbie as they are the stars of the film but also, because they are big time actors which bring in a lot of audiences in already. They also have little teasers to promote the film with a time limit of 15-30 seconds since TikTok has a limit on how long posts can be. They also had a countdown and a behind the scenes TikTok of how the score for the film was made. What's cool about this count is that in multiple post they had the score notes at the top when music would play within the TikTok's.
Description of how branding is developed (or not): The brands Physique and Personality is expressed through the similar color scheme and fonts used throughout the page. I feel that the use of music notes at the top of the tik toks was really cool way to interact with viewers who are passionate of music, and it also shined their personality a lot.
Analysis of how you will use this to develop your own social media presence: I will incorporate a lot of post with my actors as I feel that the actors, I'm picking are popular actors within school and other projects I have done with them, because I will believe it will benefit the motivation to watch the film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  The concept of “the ballad of bobby the blob” developed in a way that I was not expecting to come to me at all. Even though at first, I w...