Monday, March 4, 2024

What's up?

 Group Meeting

    
    Today in class we had a group meeting with other peers to connect and talk about our projects to help each other out. I usually enjoy this group meetings because I have a lot of feedback to give back but this year it's been a little rough. Since I have been struggling with my project lately this group meeting actually helped me a lot on the struggles I have been having with my film. 

Title

    Something I have been struggling a lot with is finding a title for my film, I don't know why but for the long time I feel like I've just sucked at coming up with names for projects because sometimes they won't make sense or just sound weird but with the group meeting today, they helped me a lot coming up with what I should name it. 
    After explaining the plot line to them, we all kind of sat there for a min to think of what we should call it, and after thinking and thinking my friend Baily came up with "The ballad of bobby the blob" at first I wasn't a huge fan but once I started to think about it more, I started to love it, I like the play on words for it and kind of the tongue twister part to the name. (Try saying that 3 times fast) Another person in my group said that the title also sounds memorable, so I feel that it brings a good connotation to the film and the overall message of the story. 

Other Concerns

    After providing feedback to my other peers the biggest question we had for each other is, are we all in a good place for the project? Due to the fact that most of us were doing something different, I feel good about where I am for my project. The next couple of things I will be working on is finalizing the script, start the promotion for the social media, and start storyboarding, shot list and any other important aspects I need before shooting. I was to try and shoot during or after spring break, so I have enough time to figure out where I want to shoot and run everything through with my actors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  The concept of “the ballad of bobby the blob” developed in a way that I was not expecting to come to me at all. Even though at first, I w...