Saturday, March 9, 2024

#FollowUs

 #INeedFollowers

    
    This week I have finally developed the social media page for the film!! Lately I have been thinking about the color scheme that I want for my Instagram account as I want the account to be cohesive in color and theme. But another really important thing I wanted to incorporate is little blobs within the Instagram since Bobby is a Blob. Some of the main colors I was thinking about for the beginning were dark purples and black to represent the Blob world and how it is. Then it would progressively start to get lighter and lighter, giving it this gradient effect throughout the variety of the posting. The main colors I do want to use those are light blues and kind of a sunset type of yellow showing their time at the beach together throughout their adventure throughout the film. 


    I have been also thinking of the type of poster I feel would match best with the theme and message of the film as well as the overall distribution part of the film. 

    Because this is a short, I was mainly planning to have a digital release of the film on YouTube. Due it being released digitally the poster is going to be fairly simple with the title of the film and where you can find it. So, a great example of what I want to go for is the 2022 Film "Aftersun" starring Paul Mescal. I love this film so much since it provides such stunning images which has kind of the same vibe that I want to give off during the beach scene with Julia and Bobby within the film.
    My struggle with the poster is that I don't know if I should include the blob of version of Bobby within the poster since I feel like it will through fans off on what is actually being represented in the film. One thing I had thought of doing is maybe splitting the actor with the body of the Blob to represent how he is not from this world. I'm still trying to figure it out but lately I have just been doing a lot of planning and I am excited to start the promotion of this project!!

Script Update

    I have also been struggling a bit to write the ending of the script because I want it to end a good note, I will be updating about this very soon so stay tuned for that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  The concept of “the ballad of bobby the blob” developed in a way that I was not expecting to come to me at all. Even though at first, I w...