Sunday, March 10, 2024

Can't you just pick?

 No, I Can't

    As mentioned in previous blogs, I have finally come up with a name for my film which is called "the ballad of bobby the blob" and as much as I love this name the next step is taking the time to think of the best fonts that match the theme of the film. 

    These are some of the options I came up with when trying to figure out the best font. The thing about fonts is that sometimes I struggle to pick because I want it to feel natural within the film. Last year, one critique I got from my film opening is that the font for my film was too stylized limiting the film to reach the target audience that I wanted to achieve so this year I wanted to go for something simpler that would let this project reach its full target audience and not be super stylized. 
    The first option of the three is a simpler type of title with a dark blue kind of matching the tones of the Blob world, what I like about this one is that I feel that it's not super stylized and would probably blend in nicely with the image I am picturing which is relating to the Aftersun poster I posted in my last blog. The next one is more light which matches the tones and ideas represented on Earth with Julia and Bobby, but I'm scared that it may be a little too playful for the film making it stylized. 
    The last one I like a lot because of the thin lines of the letters but I feel that it might be a little too fancy for the film. I'm still in the process of picking one and I am also debating if I should animate the tittle since there are elements of animation within the film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  The concept of “the ballad of bobby the blob” developed in a way that I was not expecting to come to me at all. Even though at first, I w...