Sunday, March 3, 2024

What's Next?

 Casting!

    Okay! So! This past week I have been trying to get as much done as possible but due to the SAT being next week, and school piling up and also being that time of year where your motivation lacks, and you're basically done with everything. . . let's just say it's been a bit difficult. I'm trying really hard to get back into the groove but at least for this project it's been going pretty well. 

Script

    
    In the last couple of days, I have been making revisions with the script, adding, deleting, rewriting whatever I feel could be improved for this project to be the best it can be. I have been meaning to meet with my friend Armesto for some help. In the past he's been my script supervisor for a project we worked on together and he gave me a lot of good tips that elevated the story so much. He's also very passionate about good writing and don't get me wrong I know we are all high schoolers, but I do feel that he can be such a good help with the project especially with the dialogue. (I tend to write things that are too cheesy and then I look back at it and it's just bad)

Actors


    When I was first staring to write Bobby, I always tend to think of possible actors who I feel would be really good for the role and when I was learning and understanding Bobby within the script, my friend Yoav was one of the people who I felt would be so perfect for this role.

     Yoav is such a great actor, he's played several roles in the drama shows at school and he's currently playing Amos in Chicago. I also feel that he's such an underrated actor and him being in my media class gave me such an advantage because I can closely work with him during class and outside of class. 


    For Julia, I want my friend Julia Amigorena to play the character. Considering the fact they both have the same name; I hope you can tell I really want her to play the part. Julia is one of the most talented actors I have ever met, the first time I worked with her was in my latest project called "Party" and she just completely knocked it out of the park. She was my main lead in the film, but she's also been in tons of shows at school including FAME, Mrs. Borusewicz in Chicago and others. I also just feel that this girl has so much talent that people need to see and even if she doesn't end up being an actor in the long run, I want to give her as many opportunities as she can have to do what she loves. 

    But the biggest bonus with working with Yoav and Julia is. . . . THEY'RE DATING!! They have been dating the last year and a half (I think) so there's already a natural chemistry between both which is perfect for the chemistry I want between Boby and Julia. I feel that everything is coming together nicely and I'm just very excited for this project to flourish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  The concept of “the ballad of bobby the blob” developed in a way that I was not expecting to come to me at all. Even though at first, I w...