Friday, March 22, 2024

So how are you doing this?

 Honestly, I have no idea.

    So, I feel like I have been meaning to update my experience as being a first timer animator for this film since I have not talked a lot about it within the progress of this film. 

Flipaclip

   Flipaclip is the main app I have been using for the last couple of weeks to make this project possible. At first I never really understood it so it was a lot of trial and error and mentioned in previous blogs but once I got the hang of it was actually not that bad. 
    The main tools I use within the app are first 3 tools in the bar, and the 2nd and 3rd buttons at the very top. The brush tool comes with 7 different types of brushes that you can use in order to have different textures within the animation. I thought this was super helpful as I wanted to make the background kind of look like it had depth of field as if it was “being filmed” in a camera. So after testing around with the different bushes for a while, I chose to use the pencil tool to have that nice, low-key faded look as the background. 
     For the actual characters itself though, I used the pencil tool (the main brush) to develop Bobby and the blobs within the blob world as I wanted them to stand out from everything else. I also wanted to capture the idea of the world as sad and lonely with the color scheme but also the way they looked. 

    So, after playing around in the app, they turned out like this! I’m honestly very happy with the results as it was exactly how I envisioned it in my head from when I was writing the world. But then after realizing that now I needed to add Boby into the picture I wanted to make him stand out as he is supposed to be different out of the other blobs within the world. I chose to make him a lighter color then everyone else to represent his difference within the blob world. 

Frames

    I didn't realize how time consuming it is to add little details to every single animation within the app, but something really cool I like about FlipaClip is that you are able to copy and paste some of the things you have already animated which made my life A WHOLE LOT EASIER. However, it was still time consuming having to add all of these little extra details in order to make everything look exactly how I wanted it and need it to look. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  The concept of “the ballad of bobby the blob” developed in a way that I was not expecting to come to me at all. Even though at first, I w...