Thursday, March 21, 2024

Line?

 Your line is uh...

    So, after finally overthinking the script, its finally done. I've been trying to cut down as much as possible since it is 12 pages long, but I feel that all parts of the story are valuable to Bobbys character and his quest of understanding how Earth works. So, without further ado, the ballad of bobby the blob:









Updates on everything else:

    I'm currently working on the shot list for the film and wrapping things up before we start filming. The reason I am not really doing a storyboard is because I will be the director of photography for this film and since I kind of already have a pretty good idea of what I want the film to look like, I don't want to mess up that vision as sometimes storyboard have changed the way I want to shoot something and don't usually turn out as great as I want them to be. But still I have been referring to picture or stills from movies to help me construct the type of shots I want to use for my film.
For the beach scene within my film, I have been looking at different types of inspo pics for what I want it to look. This is a still from my friend Santiago Salazar's upcoming film "Six Months Until Impact". You might remember him from the documentary I did back in November, but he has been such a huge help with the all the ideas I've had and has helped me improved not just on my cinematography but the way I write my characters within films and their intensions within the story. 

Equipment! My favorite part:

    
    If someone were to ask me about one place that is perfect for checking out equipment, submit videos, and get really cool space to film either a podcast, video, or music the first place that comes to mind is Becon TV. Becon TV is a local broadcast news station in Broward County that is runned by non-other than the famous Jim Guarasci. Jim is one of the coolest mentors I have ever met and is super into helping students achieve their goals in film by teaching and helping them find new ways to make really good content. I have known Jim for over a year now and one of the cool things about Becon TV is that you can checkout equipment for free for a max a week to film any video that you are working on. 
    Yesterday I texted Jim about certain items of equipment I wanted to check out for the film. Since it's going to be spring break soon but also a lot of other kids from other schools are working on AICE Media Projects, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get the equipment I need for this film. But luckily, I think Jim has every piece of equipment I need for this film in order to be as successful as it can be.  



Animations:


    I am currently almost done with all animations which means that it'll only be a matter of time until I can start editing the animations into the timeline on Adobe Premiere to start my project!! WOOO!! I am very excited to keep this project moving after a long period of being stuck and not knowing what to do. I think not having the script done and not really feeling satisfied with what I was writing made me feel like I was doing good enough but after realizing not everything needs to be perfect helped me come to terms with what I was making and finally being satisfied with my script. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  The concept of “the ballad of bobby the blob” developed in a way that I was not expecting to come to me at all. Even though at first, I w...