Monday, December 11, 2023

Doc Part Three

 Filming and More Filming

    After the filming with Santiago and Monica, I had to sit down with Monica to get some archived footage in order to add it to my part of the doc so I could talk about her origin story and show she got into music with her sister. My friend Tai had to kind of do the same with Santiago to get footage of his films and past projects to incorporate within his part of the documentary. 

Keeping Contact!

   
Over Thanksgiving break, I had the privilege of visiting my home country, Venezuela, after not being able to return for 8 years. Due to the difficulties of internet connection and trying to see family and friends throughout the break, I didn't have the chance to participate in filming the last interview for the documentary, I felt bad that I wasn't able to make it and help out but there's not much I could do either in another country. However, I was able to start my editing process earlier that I had plan which really gave me the time to plan accordingly with drafts as well as pay attention to a lot of detail within my shots, my editing, and my sound to make my part of the doc as best to my ability as it could be before the due date. 

Editing!!


 Editing was probably the most interesting and fun part of the documentary as I got to see everything come together. Editing the interview, was definitely the hardest to accomplish as there are many ways, I could have structured the interview since it was pretty long. After finally coming to an agreement with the executive producer about the final structure, I started the process of implementing b-roll and color grading the doc as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  The concept of “the ballad of bobby the blob” developed in a way that I was not expecting to come to me at all. Even though at first, I w...