Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Doc Part Four

 Editing Stage

   
As I started to edit my b-roll within the doc I realized how important it was to color grade all of my shots in order to have the best quality for my documentary. After a couple of tries, I realized my coloring skills weren't the greatest since I had only practiced with past projects in my television production class as well as personal projects that I have made in the past. I kept trying with different settings in premier like the basic correction, creative, and curves within premier but I was never fully satisfied with the way my shots were looking with the color, so I turned to my bestie YouTube and found some great resources to use for color grading which thought me a lot about what I can in adobe with color as well as different tricks I can use within future videos. 


Music = Literally Everything.


I felt that music was really important for certain parts of my documentary in order to elevate it as much as possible, but I also wanted to add a special touch to my part and since my subject was a musician, I got the opportunity of using most of my b-roll clips and background music since I had my interviewee sign and play many instruments that helped bring it all together. I went on a huge search to find the perfect soon for the final sections of my part and after hours of looking I found a song that I believed matched really well with my part. 


I felt that this song really aligned with the emotions I wanted to portray within my part of the doc, and it overall fit the personality of my subject within the doc. I also thought it would be really fun to incorporate things she has recorded in the past, so she sent the song that she wrote with her sister in California. 


After a long period of editing, adding, and reediting certain parts of the doc it finally came together, all three parts merged together very nicely, and I feel like we did a really good job of accomplishing our goals. Final product: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1epE4x_3anSvMXsbXoCsEOqZ98IKC42Yc/view?usp=sharing 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  The concept of “the ballad of bobby the blob” developed in a way that I was not expecting to come to me at all. Even though at first, I w...