Saturday, December 9, 2023

Doc Part Two

 80% of Production is in Pre-Planning

 

Before I started to fully plan the pre-planning process, I began to look at other student docs before creating my own because I wanted to submit to competitions with this doc. I scrolled through some common schools in Broward and came across this documentary of one of my friends in West Broward called "The Incongruent Congruent Outlook of Two Insecure Teenage Boys", which really inspired me to learn a lot about color grading, as well as get really genuine shots in order to make the doc feel more organic. 

As we're starting to plan to create our own docs in class, me and my classmates Ava and Tai have started to look at different ideas for our own documentary. After a lot of discussing and brainstorming we came to terms to make a doc about how different forms of art can be intertwined as they all try to achieve the same purpose. We started to look for interviewees as well as different places to film our interviews. We decided to go for an indirect interview type of interview as we felt it would be more affective for our piece. After we built questions and settled everything for planning, we were ready to go to film our first 2 interviewees of the doc. We wanted to make sure everything was planned accordingly in order for the production process to go smoothly and there was not a lot of complications within the filming and editing process. 

Filming!!!!


We began the filming process right after finalizing the outline and planning our interview dates with our interviewees. Our first interview was Monica Torres, her section was mainly focused on her music aspect of her life. It was really fun experience to film with her and interview her as she is such a wonderful person to be around with and was overall as fun experience to shoot. The next day we also filmed our second interviewee with Santiago Salazar the creator and All-American High School Film Fest Tindie winner. It was such an honor to interview someone who I look up to so much as a filmmaker his style and his creativity is incredible, and I was so glad to learn so much from him out of just talking to him about this passion and actually being around him and how even though it was not his production he still cared enough to teach me new things and show me how to do certain things with the camera that I have never learned how to do. Overall, it was a great experience speaking with both of them as I felt very connected to the both of them and felt like our doc was already becoming something really great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  The concept of “the ballad of bobby the blob” developed in a way that I was not expecting to come to me at all. Even though at first, I w...