Sunday, March 5, 2023

Postponed Production

 Change of Plans!

        Last class, my cast and I were planning on having our shooting day, but what I did not realize (partly my fault because I did not check the syllabus) is that we had a lesson the CCR for the entire class period, resulting in us not having enough time to film pretty much anything. It made me a little sad that I did not get to film but, I was glad to have learned the different ways I could create my CCR since it was a little confusing on how we were supposed to do this. 

CCR Ideas! 

        There are 5 different ways I could create the CCR. A presentation with a voiceover which in my opinion is a little boring specially since this part of the project is supposed to be creative (hinting the name), a director commentary, a talk show, podcast, or something different. After watching some examples of different CCR's in class and really understanding how to create them or what they look like I'm leaning towards 2 ideas. 
        Since Cambridge is asking for 2 pieces of media for this reflection, I was thinking of doing a director commentary for the first two questions and a talk show for the third and fourth question. I believe a director commentary towards the first two questions would fit best since they do go more in depth about the film and the choices made when creating it. However, I am still trying to figure out how I want to answer the question in a creative manner, obviously Broll will be used but the idea of answering the questions through like a letter (example shown in class) or other mediums would make it more interesting. 
        The idea of the talk show seems very interesting to me since I get to play around with Mise-En-Scene when developing the "talk show" set. I still need to find my host which will probably be my dad or my brother but for now, I will mainly focus on writing my script and fully developing the idea of both videos, so they are under 10 minutes combined. 

Filming Schedule Altered: 

        Since the next class we will be doing a visual analysis our production days will be postponed until after the exam, hopefully filming goes smoothly and there aren't many obstacles along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  The concept of “the ballad of bobby the blob” developed in a way that I was not expecting to come to me at all. Even though at first, I w...