Thursday, March 9, 2023

Day One of Production

 Filming!!

        Today was the official first day of filming!! To be completely honest it did not go as planned but I still think the crew did an amazing job specially in a time crunch. 


During my second class of the day, I met up with my friend Tyler who was a huge help with my opening, with his drone and after speaking with security, we got the chance of filming the top of the school with his drone. It was such a cool experience seeing how it works and making the shots look amazing!

One struggle we did have though was the transferring of the videos. Since the files of the videos were HEVC instead of MP4s, I had to pay the difference in order to get the footage to put into my project, and as a current student who does not have the best financial situation it was a bit annoying having to pay to get the footage but, anything for this project. 

Later on, during my third class of the day (AICE Media) I was set to start filming with my cast, I had all my equipment ready to go as soon as I walk into class but then our advisor informs the class about an assignment that needed to be finished by the end of the class period. I'm not going to lie it did make me a little stressed because it meant we were on a time crunch as I mainly planned for this to be the only day filming with my crew but once all of us finished our assignments, we had enough time to film the scenes and hopefully there will be no retakes (depending on how the overall shots look).

For this scene I ended up using the Mark 4 Cannon Camera from CBTV and a tripod, here are some of the behind-the-scenes footage!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  The concept of “the ballad of bobby the blob” developed in a way that I was not expecting to come to me at all. Even though at first, I w...