Thursday, March 2, 2023

I LOVE Props

 Major Props in Opening

        

        The two main props that I will be using for my opening is the Anas Photography Class Flyer and Summer's Schedule. Since the opening is mainly based on the meeting of the 2 characters, these two props are key to the point of them meeting. In the storyboard, the significant moment of them really connecting with each other is after they pick up these papers from the floor. I found it important for the props to look realistic since my film is mainly contains formalism elements of a school environment. 

Effects Change: 


For the animations of my project, I decided to change it from butterflies to a shooting star. The main reason this changed occurred was because I realized I am not as advanced in After Effects as I thought and animating a butterfly is very difficult, so I turned to something simpler for my level.

I chose a shooting star to make a connecting between the meeting moment and the tittle of the film. Falling in love feels like a spark is growing in you and I believe watching a shooting star relates a lot to those feelings, speaking from personal experience.  

To create the effect of a shooting star flying through the air you need to use the pen tool to create a pathway (Shape Layer) of how you want the star to fly. After creating the path you have to copy and past the keyframes of the path to the object that you want to animate in order for the object to follow the path exactly as created. Once the object follows the pathway, you just need to keyframe the object to your liking in order for it to look more realistic. 

First Day Tomorrow!!





I am so excited to work with my incredible cast tomorrow on our first day of filming!! On my next blog post I will be giving an update on the production process and how the first day of filming went!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  The concept of “the ballad of bobby the blob” developed in a way that I was not expecting to come to me at all. Even though at first, I w...