Sunday, March 26, 2023

CCR Structure #1 and #2

 End of Spring Break

            It's Sunday which means the end of Spring Break and the start of testing month. Yay. So exciting. I'm just kidding, while testing is not my favorite time of the year it does mean one step closer to summer, and all the hard work I have been doing is being payed off. I mostly excited for this exam mainly because since I am very into film, this is really the only exam I want to take. No offense to my other courses. 
        Anyway, I have recently been structuring my CCR along with answering the 4 main questions required by Cambridge. For inspiration, I have been looking at CCR examples from previous years to help me find my groove. 

How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?

    My product (as obvious as it is) is a romance film revolving around the two main characters Ana and Summer. My film uses convections from the genre of Romance by focusing on the passion, emotion, and the affectionate romantic involvement of the main characters. 
    The Romance genre can focus on many different conflicts which can make it fall under the genre but, their conflicts mainly include obstacles of family resistance, discrimination, and the inclusion of another love interest. If we were to go down father into the full film, we would see all these problems, but since this is just the opening, we are mainly looking at another love interest. It represents both social groups and issues by introducing the LGBTQ+ community. 
        In my film, the main to lovers are Ana and Summer which are both shown as female representers of the LGBTQ+ community as their sexualities are shown within the film. Throughout many years, this community has been bashed and discriminated in many ways, myself included, which is why it was very important to me to show this love in a positive light and represent this community as a place of acceptance and salutation. 
        I have also made the inclusion of focusing on a Hispanic character considering the fact that Hispanic have also been discriminated by being portrayed as part of the low-class, or even the bad guy. I also thought it was really important to include the Hispanic representation within this character because of her family issues with her relationships, speaking from experience some Hispanics are not the biggest on homosexuality so it really makes a personal connection with audiences who struggle with the same problem as Ana. 

How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?

        As I have said before, the audience can connect with both characters in different ways. With Ana, they can understand her situation by trying to figure out herself while being in a relationship with the opposite gender. Having a sexual awakening isn't the same as having it when you are single then when you are in a relationship. Audiences can also connect with Summer because of her struggles of being the new kid at school. Making friends and trying to fit in isn't the easiest thing to do, which can make audiences relate to the struggles she's having. 
        Which brings me to my target audience, Romance has very popular blended genres and the target audience for romantic films are 13- 40 because young and mature women are typically more affectionate and connected emotionally so they will get hooked to the characters and the love interest as well as feelings between them. But for my film, any person from the LGBTQ+ community would enjoy the film along with allies of the community. 
        As an armature filmmaker, it's not like I can submit my film to platforms like Netflix, HBO Max, or Apple TV so the most common place to submit to are film festivals such as All-American High School Film Festival, and YouTube. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  The concept of “the ballad of bobby the blob” developed in a way that I was not expecting to come to me at all. Even though at first, I w...