Wednesday, March 27, 2024

It's Go Time?

 It's Go Time Baby!!!

JIMMY G!!!!

So today was the first day of production and it actually went really well. I woke up around 8:45am in order for me to be ready and awake to drive over to Becon TV and get equipment from non-other than Jimmy G. But before heading over, I had to make a quick pit stop at my friend Mateos house as he had the camera that I was going to use. I picked him up, we drove over to Becon, and he checked all the equipment he had checked out before I could sign my equipment out. Thankfully, Jim had all the equipment I needed for my shoot, and I actually get to keep it for an extra couple of days since he will be out of town this weekend which gives me a good window in case, I need to reshoot anything for the film. 
    Once I checked all the equipment with him to make sure everything was working great, I signed the equipment out and then he asked me a really scary question. This is lowkey out of topic but, I am planning to intern with Jim over the summer along with 6 other Broward County students. The thing is there are 35 applicants and Jim gave me the opportunity to be the first to pick when my interview was going to be which got me a little nervous for the rest of the day but once I got home, I shacked it off and started testing my equipment again just to get more familiar with it before going on the shoot. 
    At first it was going to be a one man show meaning I was going to shoot everything by myself but thankfully, my friend Samantha Duarte who is also in A level passed by my house to pick up some lights she needed for her A level projects and she was available to help me film around the time I needed her. 

Filming!

    Around 3:45pm, my mom and I head over to Weston Town Center where I waited around 10 minutes for the actors to show up. Once they got to our meeting spot, we set everything up and started shooting. 

Shooting took around an hour and a half to film which was the estimated time of filming. Before shooting I asked Samy if she could run over to Publix and buy some cookies I needed for the film while I talked everything through with the actors including staging, the way they should say their lines, and their facial expressions. We started filming the first scene and everything was going pretty great until out of nowhere the crew and I notice this guy hovering over us tying to see what we are doing and we kind of get a little intimidated but, he was just waiting for us to finish so he could play his guitar without interrupting our audio which I genuinely really appreciated since a lot of people don't have enough curtesy to do that. 
    Once we were finished with the first scene, we moved on to the last scene of the day which was a little more difficult to film since we had to film it in car but after filming, I think everything ended up turning out pretty good which I was happy about. 
    I honestly had a lot of fun filming since I like everyone that I was working with, but also because it was an easy, smooth, nice shoot with no issues which usually tend to happen in a student film. Before leaving I made sure to set everything up with my actors for tomorrow filming again tomorrow and then headed on home!

Editing Already?

    
    Call me crazy but yes, I already started editing what we shot today. I feel that the editing process for this film is going to be a lot easier since the microphone I was using was already connected to the camera, so it is really just about putting the clips together, adding music, color grading, and adding any extra detail needed for the film. So far, I have edited a minute and 8 seconds of the film which I am very happy about considering the fact I felt that this was going to be a lot longer. It's still not done but you will be getting an update tomorrow after day 2 of production! Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  The concept of “the ballad of bobby the blob” developed in a way that I was not expecting to come to me at all. Even though at first, I w...