Friday, February 16, 2024

Scratch that I'm Changing The Project

 Bruh.

    So! I'm changing my idea of the project. I've been thinking for a while how I love this idea and how I really want to execute it but due to the amount of time that I have for this portfolio project, I have decided to put that project for a later date and come up with something new. At first, I was dreading the idea of coming up with a whole new concept but lucky I was in the middle of my chemistry class completely bored out of my mind when I started to think deeply about life and basically have shower thoughts in the middle of my lesson. I know you are not supposed to drift off in class but as I was thinking, something really cool came up. 

Hint Hint: Context

A couple of days ago, my friend sent me a link to a film festival called the Human Film Festival. I had checked it out and thought it was pretty cool but he recommended it to me so I could submit to this competition/ film festival because of a short film I had made over the summer. The short follows the story of Miley, a struggling teenager dealing with a major loss in her life and how she handles it. 
It was the first film I had ever directed but it was so successful it ended up having over 3,000 views on YouTube (there are so many things I want to change to make it even better but it's fine). In the end, a lot of people loved it and since this opportunity was presented to me, I was thinking a lot about the prompt of the competition, which led me to think about it in chemistry class which sprung up my new idea. 

I began to think about how part of my generation doesn't really appreciate the little things, even myself.  The air we breathe, someone saying thank you or even handing a piece of paper when you ran out in English class. I feel like lately those things are overseen a lot since many are stressed over things including schoolwork, jobs, college and any other major events going on in someone's life. I want this film to bring that back though, that I idea of living and loving everything around you, the feeling of understand what it truly means to be alive. Now do I know the meaning of life? Absolutely fucking not. But I do believe that you should spend most of your life enjoying it and not making it feel repetitive or unenjoyable. 

Hint Hint: New Story

If you have watched the recent Disney Pixar movie Soul, I hope you know where I'm headed with this. My short is a combination of Soul and themes from Everything Everywhere All at Once. I know that sounds really funky but hear me out. 

Our story begins in the Blob World, a world where particles that never had the chance to form fully live, like specs of dust that everyone passes over. One Blob gets the chance to finally live life for one day, but he is on the mission to figure out and understand what life is really about, as the Blob goes to Earth, they find themselves trying to experience everything around them. All in one day. Over the next couple of days, I'm going to be watching films with these types of themes and figure out the way I want to tell this story. I'm also already starting to think of actors and possible locations of places that best fit the story. Even thought it might be a little difficult I want to incorporate animation elements to bring that Soul touch into the film and also make the Blob world as realistic as possible. The picture shown below is kind of a representation of the Blob World (at least an idea of it) since I kind of wanted to represent it as a very unhappy world. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  The concept of “the ballad of bobby the blob” developed in a way that I was not expecting to come to me at all. Even though at first, I w...