Thursday, March 23, 2023

Thinking about CCR

 Spring Break Really is My BREAK Break. 

        As I have mentioned in the last couple of blogs, I have recently just come back from my competition trip to Long Beach, California! Although this trip was a literal rollercoaster because of the number of things happening between competitions and the crew as a whole, the minute I came back to Florida life has literally thrown me off completely. I have never had the worst jet lag of my life waking up from 2pm in the afternoon to going to sleep at 3 in the morning because of the time difference in California. 
        Needless to say, I have been using some of my time to focus on my project and all the missed work I need to make up for my other classes along with helping out some of my friends in other AICE Media classes that are in the process of making their own films. 


 
    In addition, I have also just been selected as Vice President of Cypress Bay Television Club which has me extremely pumped but there have been some mishaps since that has been announced making my life filled with a lot of unnecessary problems that will hopefully soon be resolved.  But my point is, I have been trying my hardest to continue to work on this project which gets me to my next part of today's blog, my CCR progress. 

CCR

        I have been having some hardships structuring my CCR since this year I need to create 2 pieces of media instead of one. I know I said I was going to do a talk show as my second piece of media but, I think I am just going to do 2 director commentaries as kind of a Part 1 and Part 2. I have been thinking about the first 2 questions as whole: 
  • How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?
  • How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text? 

How does your product use or challenge convections and how does it represent social groups or issues?

    To answer this question, my film uses convections from the genre of Romance by focusing on the passion, emotion, and the affectionate romantic involvement of the main characters. The Romance genre can focus on many different conflicts which can make it fall under the genre but, their conflicts mainly include obstacles of family resistance, discrimination, and the inclusion of another love interest. It represents both social groups and issues by introducing the LGBTQ+ community. 
    In my film, the main to lovers are Ana and Summer which are both shown as female representers of the LGBTQ+ community as their sexualities are shown within the film. Throughout many years, this community has been bashed and discriminated in many ways, myself included, which is why it was very important to me to show this love in a positive light and represent this community as a place of acceptance and salutation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  The concept of “the ballad of bobby the blob” developed in a way that I was not expecting to come to me at all. Even though at first, I w...