Thursday, March 30, 2023

It's All Coming to an End

 Reflection

        It is the end of this crazy 8 weeks and even though I want to keep this short and simple, there is so much I want to say about this production. Over the time I have had to work on this project I learned so much about what it actually takes to produce a film and struggles, conflicts, good moments, and the overall experience that can happen. 
        At the start of my project, I already had an idea of what I wanted to do. I wanted to make this project personal because I like to tell stories that have meaning, I like to tell stories that can mean things to people, especially the people who are behind the scenes of it all. I knew I wanted to do an LGBTQ+ film but the process of fully creating it is what really got me. 
        I'm not going to lie, I was going to have the basic morning routine start where they meet in class and yatayata but after talking to my advisor, I realized that I am allowed to take risks. I was so scared of doing something out of my comfort zone for the simple reason that my idea wasn't going to be liked but then I realized, and excuse my language, WHY DOES THAT FUCKING MATTER? At the end of the day, it was my film, my creation, and it needed to be something that I liked, and I enjoyed making. 
        After finally storyboarding, script writing, making my shot list, and finally finding a crew I was so excited to film it. Even though production was bumpy because of my time crunch, I got it all done and it turned out extremely well. Never in a million years, did I think it was going to turn out good but once I started showing it to others before making my final adjustments and seeing their impressed faces, and telling me how good it was, I was confident and happy with what I made. Of course, I was already happy with the product but when you realize other people like your work too, it makes it even better. 
        Lately I have just been working on my CCR which is almost finished, but nevertheless this journey has been a rollercoaster and I wouldn't have changed a single thing about it. All the struggles I faced, all the choices I made, and all the times I had sat down and worked on this got me to where I am today. And if I'm going to be honest, it feels fucking great knowing your first idea turned out to be something incredible, because most of the time (at least from what I have heard from my friends who write all the time) your first idea doesn't always turn out so great. But guess what, I love proving people wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  The concept of “the ballad of bobby the blob” developed in a way that I was not expecting to come to me at all. Even though at first, I w...