Thursday, February 23, 2023

Group Meeting

 We <3 Feedback!

In today's class we had ground meetings which gave us the opportunity to talk with our peers and discuss our ideas and plans for our film openings. During our discussion I got to listen to different ideas that were very interesting and helped me with really structuring the idea of my film opening. 

When it was my tour to explain my idea, I gave them a detailed plan of what is trying to be executed within my film opening including the mood boards, schedule, full plot of the film, etc. After speaking with my group, they suggested ideas that really helped open my mind like maybe changing the setting of where the story is based like a summer camp or an after-school activity. They also directed me to certain places that could be potential filming locations for example, if I end up switching it a Summer Camp environment, I could film places like at Markham Park or Vista View. 

Similarly, when the individuals in my ground presented their ideas, I tried to be as helpful as possible in order for them to overcome their obstacles within creating their film openings and I hope they take it into consideration to really help them create meaning. During these meetings, I want to try my best to give as much feedback as possible in order to elevate their films but also help them learn a little from my own personal experiences while making films. 

After the meeting, I took the time to consider everything that was said not just by my peers but also my advisor, and I have decided that the opening of my film will start with a meet-cute at the "promotion" of an after-school activity that Ana is organizing for photography club (emphasis on her love for photography) that Summer becomes interested in after she bumps into her while looking for a specific classroom. On my next blog post, I will be posting the storyboard and shot list, along with the possible script of their dialogue and choice of music for the opening. Hopefully a tittle idea will come along the way!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  The concept of “the ballad of bobby the blob” developed in a way that I was not expecting to come to me at all. Even though at first, I w...