Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Editing Platforms and Equipment

 Preplanning Production and Postproduction

Platforms:

        Two of the main platforms I want to use for editing is Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects. Adobe Premiere is one of the common editing platforms I have been using for the past couple of years and I really like all the features it includes and all the tricks and effects I can create within the platform. In addition, I will also be using Adobe After Effects to create the font and title of my film opening, there is also another effect I want to add during my opening, but I still need to learn how to develop it in the app. I also find Adobe After Effects very useful for titles because you can make really cool animations with the fonts and titles. 

Adobe After Effects    

  I will be using Adobe After Effects for a special effect I want to create between the 2 main lovers. This filter/ effect that is used to create a moment of love and desire (kind of like getting butterflies in your stomach) really helps to emphasize that feeling of falling in love within the first sight of a person. I have yet to figure out how to do it so I will be depending on YouTube, and other resources to create this effect. 


Equipment: 

The main camera that is going to be used for this project will be provided by non-other than CBTV. The Cannon T8i is one of the most common cameras that people in the TV3 or Aftershock used to film their segments, so I will be using some of their equipment like microphones, lights, cameras, and tripods to create this film opening. 

For certain shots like the instant moment of falling in love at first sight will probably be filmed with a different camera called the Mark 4 which is one of the most advanced and professional cameras that we own. 

Since I am still trying to figure out exactly how I want to shoot the film opening, I will probably add equipment to this list, but it will really depend on the storyboard. 

Why I Might Change the Beginning?

        After talking to my advisor, I have realized I am limiting my imagination of how I can make this film have more meaning. There are so many ways I can start this film to provoke a question and really impact the audience in such a short amount of time, so some things may change according to the how the shooting of the film opening will go and how things turn out in the end. 

Schedule

        For the next couple of weeks, I plan to follow a schedule to give myself enough time to really film and edit the opening to my liking while also developing a great executed project. 

Week of 2/20-2/25:
  • Find actors to play the role for the film opening. 
  • Create tittle of the story.
  • Land on a possible film opening or at least a strong idea. 
Week of 2/26-3/4:
  • Storyboard and create the shot list.
  • Location Scouting
  • Make the script for actors.
Week of 3/5-3/11:
  • Meet with cast and crew to set up dates of filming.
  • Start filming!
  • Finish filming and make sure there is no need for retakes.
Week of 3/12-3/18:
  • Start editing.
  • Figure out fonts.
  • Add special effects and tittle.
Week of 3/19-3/25:
  • Finish editing 
  • Add music and any other things needed for the opening.
Week of 3/26-4/4:
  • Get feedback from advisor and see what should improve.
  • Turn in project :)

        I believe this schedule will help me achieve my goal of creating an opening I am happy with while also doing my best of developing meaning through the different elements we have learned throughout the year. 

        




No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  The concept of “the ballad of bobby the blob” developed in a way that I was not expecting to come to me at all. Even though at first, I w...