Sunday, April 7, 2024

How was your weekend?

 Honestly, a lot.

    This past weekend as mentioned in a previous post, a personal project of mine was selected to the Orange and Blue Film Festival at the University of Florida. Over the last couple of days, I have been in Gainsville attending the event which included screenings, workshops, and so much more. 

    Attending the festival was such an amazing experience as not only was I so inspired from the talent within this festival which ranged from college films to high school films but, I had the major honor of receiving a distinction in my film for "Excellence in a Dramatic Performance." (The gator I'm holding is actually the overall trophy, the director of the event was nice enough to let me take a picture with it because he loved my film so much).
    This event also just re-sparked my creativity since I have just been in a slump in the last couple of weeks but today, I have been spending the last couple of hours trying to wrap up the project and continue to make posts on the social media in order to keep people engaged with the production of the film.

Editing:


    I didn't realize how much sound design actually goes into editing of a film until I finished editing the animation part of this project. I started by looking for music that matched well for the beginning in fesliyan studios, I was looking for something like the song in the Pixar film Soul with the scene of the secretary looking of Joes file at the Seminar. Then, I went in to add the voice over of the actors played by my friend Armesto, Yoav and I. You can kind of tell the difference between the mics because of how they sound but it's also not a huge difference. Then for the scenes to flow better I added risers in certain parts to transition between different cuts of the sequence. 
    Once I was done adding all the sound effects, music, and dialogue that was needed I moved on to look for a song for the dad scene. After a while I finally found of song that I feel builds the suspense I really want within the scene, so I was very happy that I took my time to find it and time it in order for it to match the course of events within the film. 

    I wanted to add this special effect where text messages would come up into the screen to show how upset Julia's dad was that she was away from home. Because I'm not a special effects person I asked my friend Santi for help, and he explained to me to how to make this cool pop-up of messages. 
    Once he finished helping me make this, I added it to adobe premiere pro as an overlay to the original shot and it blended in perfectly. I'm currently still watching and rearranging certain parts of the film which makes me happy and sad this project is coming to an end!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  The concept of “the ballad of bobby the blob” developed in a way that I was not expecting to come to me at all. Even though at first, I w...