Monday, February 12, 2024

Onto Portfolio!!

 Ideals of Second Semester

Film Distribution:

    Over the last couple of weeks in class we have been learning about film distribution, and the concept of releasing a film through making a trailer, a teaser, and movie poster. I felt that this project was really cool since we got to interpret a story that was not developed by us and market into something that people might be really interested to watch. We were assigned groups, so working with different people I did not really know was an adjustment, but it was definitely pretty cool to connect with other peers in my class that also have really creative ambitions like I do.  

Portfolio:

    As the second semester continues, we have recently started to get into our portfolio projects. I've been waiting this whole year for since this was the moment in AS level where I realized I wanted to take A level. Ever since last year I have been wanting to develop my own film and make it come to life by researching and studying a concept I have been wanting to develop a lot. 

Last year, I developed this concept in my head about the ideas of how students are so limited inside the classroom since everything is extremely rule booky, that we don't get the chance to create projects or assignments in the best way that appeal to our learning. I feel like it's a little difficult to develop as we only have 5 minutes and there are a lot of branches, I want to experiment with for this concept but I'm in the process of coming up with a storyline that fits best with what I wanted to express. 

Visual concepts that I really want to incorporate was visuals from movies like "The Giver" that separate the ideals of being different in a closed off society. For this film I really wanted to experiment with the idea of a closed off society where people have to follow certain rules but want to show the badness of it. 

Timeline:

    I've planned out the last couple of weeks. For this project as I want to dedicate all of my time and effort into this project since it could potentially be entered into film festivals and win prizes. 

Week 1: Develop concept, research.
Week 2: Developing script.
Week 3: Start planning, storyboarding, location scouting, working on marketing products.
Week 4: Planning, location scouting, finding actors, working on marketing products.
Week 5: Final touches for planning and start production.
Week 6: Production
Week 7: Production, start postproduction.
Week 8: Postproduction, Marketing for film
Week 9: Finalizing postproduction, CCR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  The concept of “the ballad of bobby the blob” developed in a way that I was not expecting to come to me at all. Even though at first, I w...