Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Guess Who's Back??

 I'm Back :))

    I'm Back! And I'm so excited to continue my blogs this year as there is a lot I want to talk about and create as an artist but, so much has happened in the last six months so let me catch you up to speed. 

Summer: 

  So, as the year ended, I became a junior, very scary moments as I realize how much little time, I have left in high school but started to become excited towards my future and what's in store for me, I was sad to see some of my senior friends go but I know they are doing amazing where they are. Once the stressful months of testing had ended, summer finally arose but for me I was still working and working hard as I created my first short film! It wasn't the greatest since I did majority completely by myself, but it was a really cool experience working with my friends and filming and editing the project, and I enjoyed that so many people liked it as well. Middle of June I attended the Skills USA National Leadership Conference where my partner Andrew and I competed in Television Production. We placed 8th in the nation which was crazy for our first year going to the national level, but we can't wait to go back next year and do even better in the competition :) I also worked at a summer camp over the summer camp with kids from ages 5-12 where I made so many new friends and had really cool experiences.



Back to School:

Summer flew by but that just got me even more excited in my filmmaking journey as my crew and I flew all the way New York City where we competed at the All-American High School Film Festival, the biggest high school film festival in the world. Prior to the event, we had 10 weeks to plan a 6-minute short film that we would shoot and edit in a span of 2 and half days in New York City. After a lot of planning and working out the details we finalized our film and were headed to the Big Apple to have a week of a lifetime. We saw so many student films, meet new creators that had so much passion about filmmaking just like we did and overall had an amazing time. The process of making the film was rocky as we were trying to perfect as much as we could before submitting but once it was up, we were very proud of what we had made. And everything was so worth it when we found out we were part of the top 10 finalist out of everyone who competed! We didn't end up wining but becoming a finalist on our first year was one of the most amazing experiences ever and I can't wait to go back next year and submit more of my films to this amazing festival! 


Currently:


Now I'm back in school and still in the process of creating more and more films to build for my portfolio but most importantly to make art and to progress as the next generation of filmmakers. Can't wait to show you what's coming up :))))


No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  The concept of “the ballad of bobby the blob” developed in a way that I was not expecting to come to me at all. Even though at first, I w...